I kind of realized that I don’t know much about this city.
Whenever I leave New York, whether it be visiting my parents in Florida or going to see my friend in Connecticut, I always feel homesick for the city. I always tell myself, “oh when I get back to New York, I’m gonna go to a bunch of museums, go to a jazz club and finally go into central park and draw.”
But when I actually get back to New York, I DON’T DO ANY OF IT. It is so easy to say that you are going to do all these things when you are not in New York, but when you get back it is so easy to say “hey I am just going to make some tortellini and stay in and watch Firefly again on Netflix.”
It is so sad… which is why I am making this list. This is written proof that I need to get my ass in gear, get out of the house and be a tourist!
1. See some jazz at the Lincoln Center
2. Look upon the Statue of Liberty.
3. Visit the New York Botanical Garden.
4. Visit the Frick Museum.
5. Actually go inside the New York Public Library.
6. Check out the Brooklyn Museum.
7. Visit the New York Historical Society.
8. Visit the P.S. 1 Contemporary Art Center.
9. Go to the Socrates Sculpture Park.
10. The New York Earth Room.
11. Go see Book of Mormon on Broadway.
12. Museum of the City of New York.
Check out the Museum of the Moving Image.
14. Take the aerial tram to Roosevelt Island.
15. See jazz at the Village Vanguard.
16. Hit the Union Square Greenmarket.
17. Central Park’s Conservatory Garden.
18. Attend live viewing of The Daily Show or SNL.
19. Walk around The Cloisters.
20. Tour the Brooklyn Brewery.
21. Go to the Gay Pride parade.
22. Intrepid Sea Air & Space Museum.
23. New York Transit Museum.
Have a drink on a rooftop bar
25. Venture to Ellis Island.
All images were taken by myself with a Rollei 35S using Ilford 35mm black and white film.
26. African Burial Ground National Monument.
27. General Grant National Memorial.
Got any ideas of where else I should go? Please let me know! Comment below and I’ll be glad to add it.